How These Six Types of Tutoring Help Students with Learning Issues
- Beat Summer Brain Drain – Research shows that students lose valuable knowledge over the summer months, and continuing to learn over the summer helps eliminate the brain drain.
- Boost Confidence – Students who struggled in a content area during the school year often feel defeated, and having success in summer tutoring helps boost confidence for the following year.
- Exercise the Brain – Young brains don’t have to go on vacation just because school is out. Summer tutoring helps keep brains active and engaged.
- Focus on Growth – Summer is the ideal time to identify and focus our attention on areas for growth, particularly because students aren’t overwhelmed with the demands of other classes.
- Ease Transitions – The new school year is full of transitions, and summer tutoring helps to ease the stress and anxiety involved by giving students a good head start.
- Catch Up – Many students fall behind in a subject and have a difficult time catching up during the school year, and the dedicated time in the summer helps them get caught back up with their classmates.
- Make Learning Fun – Summer tutoring is the perfect opportunity to choose books and topics that interest the student and then have some fun exploring those, all while learning important skills!
- Increase Positive Attitude – Many students have a bleak outlook on the new school year because of their struggles, and summer tutoring gives students the confidence to feel good about the year ahead.
- Improve Grades – Many students can take summer school classes to improve the low scores in previous classes, and summer tutoring will help them understand and perform better.
- Defeat Boredom – After the first week or so of summer, boredom starts to creep in, and having a project will help keep students interested and engaged!