USA Boxing Partners with Lively Minds Tutoring
“A place for everything and everything in its place.”
5 Simple Tips to Organize a Home Work Space
1. Clean up the study space and decide where everything should live.
2. Establish routines for maintaining the work space.
3. Make sure that you have some of the following:
- Shelves or crates to store books neatly
- Storage bins or boxes for supplies
- A sturdy desk or chair with room to work
- A good light for reading and working
- A junk drawer or bin for things that do not have a set location
- A small filing cabinet or box to store papers
- File folders for different classes
- A bulletin board or other place to keep reminders
- A trash basket for throwing out trash
4. Create a Home Supply List or an inventory of supplies that your student needs at home to be successful.
- Pencils, pens, pencil sharpener
- Crayons, markers, colored pencils
- Scissors, ruler, tape, stapler
5. Post a Ready-For-School Checklist by the front door. Include the things that your student needs for school each day so that they can get in the habit of remembering everything.
- Lunch/Lunch Money
- Water bottle
- Sports Bag
- Musical Instrument
- Shoes for PE